The Metabolomics Core Technology Platform is supported by the Excellence Strategy of Heidelberg University, as well as the German Cancer Research Center Heidelberg, and is located in the Centre for Organismal Studies (COS) Heidelberg.
The Metabolomics Core Technology Platform consists of a motivated and interdisciplinary team providing state-of-the-art Metabolomics for the Heidelberg and Mannheim Life Science Campus, and external national and international cooperation partners.
The following full-time position in Metabolomics research is available to begin November 01, 2022, or as soon as possible.
Activities and responsibilities
Implementation and support in the planning of research projects in the field of Metabolomics in close cooperation with research groups of the German Cancer Research Center, the Medical Faculty, Hochschule Mannheim, and EMBL
- Development and optimization of new LC-MS and MicroLC-MS methods for the sensitive, quantitative determination of metabolites from various biological matrices, including human material.
- You will work in the framework of a large-scale BMBF consortium project and collaborate with local and national partners.
Experience and in-depth knowledge in mass spectrometry and chromatography
- PhD degree in analytical, biological, food chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology or comparable natural science discipline
- Scientific publishing experience
- High level of self-motivation, commitment, and work ethics; willingness to manage and initiate collaborative projects
- German language skills are an asset
- Excellent communication skills (English) and social competence
Support for further training and additional qualification in mass spectrometry-based analytics
- Well-equipped research laboratories
- An innovative work environment and an interdisciplinary team acting in a strong national and international network
- Interesting and diverse portfolio of projects
- Possibility to develop and implement own projects and publications
- For more information on MCTP, please visit www.uni-heidelberg.de/en/mctp .
- The remuneration is according to TV-L E13. The position is full-time and limited until February 2026.
Please send your application with the usual documents (CV, certificates, photo, publication list, etc.) to the secretariat of the Centre for Organismal Studies by email in a single PDF document:
by October 17, 2022 at the latest.